Orion offers a full range of services from initial requirements gathering through completion of finished product (Life Cycle Management). The staff has experience designing and developing many projects ranging from the small task to the full-scale system. They are familiar with most design methodologies like C4ISR and have experience with such tools as Rational Rose. Successfully implemented systems include:
- 911 Software
- U.S. Navy Pay and Personnel System
- General Accounting Systems for a DOD Agency
- Contracting System for a DOD Agency
- Human Resource (HR) system for the DC Government
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
- E-Commerce and Business to Business (B2B)
Orion Software Developers have experience on a wide variety of platforms using third generation languages as well as the most current versions of JAVA, JSP, HTML, XML, VB, ASP, Cold Fusion, Peoplesoft, and SAP, Apache/Hadoop to name just a few.
Some of the database programming and design skills include:
- Oracle Designer and Developer (Forms and Reports)
- Oracle Enterprise Manager and DBA Studio
- Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN)
- Oracle Financials
- Database stored Enterprise Java Beans, Java Stored Procedures, and Oracle PL/SQL
- Oracle Enterprise Applications, PeopleSoft8, and SAP with experience in data warehousing and OLAP tools for ERP and SCM
- Web based interfaces
- Java database access using Oracle Jdeveloper and Borland Jbuilder
- Object oriented programming languages (Java, C++, Powerbuilder)
Orion Database Administrators (DBA) are well versed in working with all phases of a Database to include:
- Architected, designed, developed and deployed a Real Application Cluster (RAC) environment.
- Add Automated Storage Manager (ASM) in use with a RAC environment.
- Deployed Grid Control to many nodes, using SSL for communication between Agents and OMS.
- Designed Oracle's Recovery Manager (RMAN) in use with RAC environment for Backup & Recovery strategy.
- The setup and creation of a database instance and managing of tablespaces.
- Performance monitoring, archiving, backup and recovery management of the data.
- Implementation of a Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD)
- Building of tables, views, triggers, stored procedures, packages, functions.
- Creation of indexes, along with all forms of constraints.
Orion DBA's have experience on most Relational Database Management Systems such as Oracle, Sybase, DB2, InformX, SQL Server, Access, Fox Pro, Dbase. They have also experience with other Database Management systems like IMAGE(HP/3000) and some XML database engines.